Warburton Valley Team Members - Infomation Update
Please contact suppliers and services directly as to how COVID-19 may affect the way their products or services are delivered. Stay safe everyone!
November 20, 2012
Hi Trader and Chamber groups, I thought you might like to share this with your members. Its a great way to have a say in what you think of new breeds of Strawberries being grown in Yarra Ranges. Thanks Donna
The strawberry breeding program in Victoria is based at Wandin North. It has produced some exciting new varieties that need to be consumer taste-tested. The newly appointed strawberry breeder, Patricio Brevis, is keen to learn what real consumers think about the new varieties.
You are invited to participate in the taste testing and provide your opinions about the strawberries, compared with other commercial varieties.
Put your “Main Grocery Buyer” hats on and come on any Wednesday over the next few months and help the Victorian strawberry industry evaluate these new varieties.
Where: Victorian Strawberry Centre
6A Union Rd
Wandin North (Next to the pre-school at Wandin North Shopping Centre)
Time: Every Wednesday.
Any time between 9am and 11am. The tasting will take about 15 minutes.
If possible, please let Patricio know that you are coming. Otherwise, just come – you will be very welcome.
Rubus Industry Development Manager
Raspberries & Blackberries Australia Inc. Executive Officer
Mailing Address: 25 White St, Silvan, Vic, 3795
Office Address: : 6A Union Rd, Wandin North, Vic
Phone: 03 5964 3350
Mobile: 0417 447 984
Skype Name: argasecretary
Note our new name: Raspberries and Blackberries Australia Inc.
October 17, 2012
October 10, 2012
Received Oct 3, 2012: Yarra Valley & The Dandenongs Tourism Signage Committee - Signage fact sheet No. 5 (PDF - 370kb)
Key Date Advice: Warburton Main Street Christmas Celebrations - Thursday Dec 20th, Friday Dec 21st, Saturday Dec 22nd
Key Date Advice: Warburton Waterwheel - Night Market - Friday November 23. Time to be confirmed. Likely to include Harp music from Visnja + light nibbles. Target theme: Christmas Gift buying from Warburton handmade and Art sales. Put in your diary, let your guests know about this date, so they can enjoy and make purchases from the Waterwheel.
Networking offer: Warburton based Paul Jackson can help local businesses with Google SEO and Adwords (management of existing accounts, new accounts, keyword links for search engine optimisation) and start up website packages from $774 INC GST. Ph Paul on 0409 004 770 or see www.jacko.com.au
If your business has something 'business to business or behind the scenes' to network - please email firstname.lastname@example.org - details will be uploaded onto this page here and members alerted each Wednesday (or thereabouts)
About this page and how to get your networking offer here:
- Starting in October 2012 www.WarburtonInfo.com plans to send a weekly email (on or about Wednesday) to Warburton Valley Business and Tourism Team members.
- The goal of a weekly email - and this one page system - is to reduce the number of emails going to members - while providing an ongoing updated source of information.
These emails will link to this page and will include two key elements
- Information updates of relevant business or tourism information
- Networking offers or requests from other Warburton Valley Team Members
- General events promotion happens on the events page and in our hardcopy calendar. Specific events can seek enhanced listings from $50-$100 per event. The complimentary inclusion of events on the hardcopy calendar is entirely at the discretion of the editor. The requirement of specific promotion or mention can be purchased. By accessing the local distribution program of 850 hardcopies PLUS visitors monthly email out (approx 400) your cost per 'set of eyes' is around $0.04 - $0.08. This provides a very cost effective means of local event promotion proactive and in full colour!