June 2019 Community Events - update compiled by Ralph Ballard
- Every Monday at noon – Community fundraiser lunch at the Warburton Community Space. Pay what you can afford.
- Every Monday 10.00am – 11.00am - Noble Silence Meditation. Launching Place. Enquiries – Patricia 0416208366. No cost All welcome.
- Tuesdays 8am-9am – Silent Mindfulness Meditation Sitting with Belinda Lloyd. Wellspring Warburton. 3424 Warburton Hwy. By donation.
- Every Tuesday evening - Rock 'n' Roll Classes. Tuesday nights 7:00pm – Yarraburn Centre, 1-3 Park Road, Yarra Junction. $15. All levels welcome from beginner to advanced. Phone Audrey for more info - 0423 590 588.
- 2nd Tuesday every month – Yarra Ranges Film Society at Upper Yarra Arts Centre, 3409 Warburton Highway, Warburton Victoria 3799. Ph 03 5966 4500.
- Every Thursday evening at 6pm – Koha Community Dinner at the Yarraburn Centre. Pay what you can afford.
- 1st Thursday evening of each month – D&M Trivia Night at the Alpine Retreat Hotel, Warburton. 8.30 – 11pm.
- Second Thursday of each month talks hosted by Women's Warehouse on topics concerning health and wellbeing. 10.30am at the Redwood Centre. $5 entry.
- Third Thursday of every month at Cunninghams Hotel, Yarra Junction – Song Writers Open Mic from 7.45pm. Hosted by Wendy Barnes of Wax Lyrical: a great place to head for after Koha Cafe.
- Every Friday evening at 6pm – Community Dinner (soup) at the Redwood Centre, Warburton.
- Every Friday evening - Soul Dance at the Upper Yarra Arts Centre, Warburton 7.30pm to 10.00pm
- 1st Friday of each month - Rock Jam at Yarra Junction Primary School. Bring your electric instruments. Run by Shane Crowley.
- 2nd Friday of each month – 7pm Sufi chanting and meditation at the Interfaith Ashram, 3227 Warburton Highway, Warburton.
- 2nd Friday of the month at 8pm - Acoustic music night at Yarra Junction Primary School. Bring your acoustic instrument and do some tunes or some songs. Run by Shane Crowley.
- 4th Saturday of each month – Remakery. Bring along old loved items for fixing. Venue - Warburton Community Space. Free.
- 2nd Sunday afternoon of each month – Open Microphone session at Symphony 36.
- Sunday 2 June - Warby Artisans and Produce Market 11am to 3pm.
- Saturday 8 June - Warburton Community Market at St. Mary’s Church Hall 9am to 2pm.
- Sunday 9 and 23 June - Yarra Junction Market beside the football oval 8am to 2pm.
- Friday 28 June – “One Heart, One Mind, Many Paths” group with Keith Simons, Father Michael Mifsud and Dr Ralph Ballard. Dr. Ewald Einoder (psychiatrist, acupuncturist, nutritionist and astrologer) will discuss “Dealing with stress, addiction and depression in the 21st century, with a focus on psycho-spiritual transformation”. Venue – Green Gables, 16 LaLa Avenue, Warburton. Admission – $10.
- NOTE - Little Yarra Market, 205 Little Yarra Road, Yarra Junction – closed until further notice.
All the best, Ralph
Edited by WarburtonInfo.com