November 2018 Community Events - update compiled by Ralph Ballard
We call this corner 'Ralph Ballard's Community Wrap'- Ralph is an active networker and supporter of local community events. We post updates from Ralph here.
Here is a selection of our local events for November:
- Every Monday at noon – Community fundraiser lunch at the Warburton Community Space. Pay what you can afford.
- Every Monday 10.00am – 11.00am - Noble Silence Meditation. Launching Place. Enquiries – Patricia 0416208366. No cost All welcome.
- Tuesdays 8am-9am – Silent Mindfulness Meditation Sitting with Belinda Lloyd. Wellspring Warburton. 3424 Warburton Hwy. By donation.
- Every Tuesday evening - Rock 'n' Roll Classes. Tuesday nights 7:00pm – Yarraburn Centre, 1-3 Park Road, Yarra Junction. $15. All levels welcome from beginner to advanced. Phone Audrey for more info - 0423 590 588.
- Every Thursday evening at 6pm – Koha Community Dinner at the Yarraburn Centre. Pay what you can afford.
- Second Thursday of each month talks hosted by Women's Warehouse on topics concerning health and wellbeing. 10.30am at the Redwood Centre. $5 entry.
- Third Thursday of every month at Cunninghams Hotel, Yarra Junction – Song Writers Open Mic from 7.45pm. Hosted by Wendy Barnes of Wax Lyrical: a great place to head for after Koha Cafe.
- Every Thursday evening – Trivia Night at the Alpine Retreat Hotel, Warburton. 8.30 – 11pm.
- Every Friday evening at 6pm – Community Dinner (soup) at the Redwood Centre, Warburton.
- Every Friday evening - Soul Dance at the Upper Yarra Arts Centre, Warburton 7.30pm to 10.00pm
- 2nd Friday of each month – 7pm Sufi chanting and meditation at the Interfaith Ashram, 3227 Warburton Highway, Warburton. Currently deferred.
- 4th Saturday of each month – Remakery. Bring along old loved items for fixing. Venue - Warburton Community Space. Free.
- 2nd Sunday of each month – Open Microphone session at the Warburton Community Space
- 3rd Sunday of each month – Open Microphone session at Home Hotel, Launching Place. 3 – 6pm.
- Nia dance for fun classes at Warburton Primary School. All abilities welcome. Mondays 5:45 pm and Saturdays 9:30 am. $18. Drop in Welcome. Phone Santha: 0412 199874
- Sunday 4 November - Warby Artisans and Produce Market 11am to 3pm
- Saturday 10 November - Warburton Community Market at St. Mary’s Church Hall 9am to 2pm
- Sunday 11 and 25 November - Yarra Junction Market beside the football oval 8am to 2pm
- Sunday 11 November – Services to commemorate Armistice Day. 6am and 10.30am at the cenotaph in Yarra Junction.
- Friday 16 November at 7pm – “One Heart, One Mind, Many Paths” Spiritual Film evening at the Little Yarra Steiner School “Yogananda”. 7-9pm at LYSS. $10. BYO cushion / chair. Hosted by Keith Simons, Father Michael Mifsud and Ralph Ballard.
- Saturday 24 – Sunday 25 November – Giro della Donna bicycle race.
NOTE - Little Yarra Market, 205 Little Yarra Road, Yarra Junction – closed until further notice.
All the best, Ralph